Cruise Ship Spotlight:
Carnival Mardi Gras
The maiden voyage of Carnival’s Excel-class Mardi Gras was a big way to step back into cruising after the pandemic, and so far the reviews are stellar. From it’s rollercoaster-ringed top to the limitless food options, Mardi Gras is just the thing we need after being cooped up inside through 2020!
Need something to look forward to this fall? Don’t worry. The Mardi Gras is making waves in Port Canaveral with Zones, environmentally-friendly LNG power, and resort-style stateroom.
Getting to Know the Mardi Gras
Everything about the Mardi Gras says “BIG fun“. In fact, to accommodate the Mardi Gras‘s 19 decks, 6,500 passengers, and 181,000 tons, Port Canaveral totally revamped Cruise Terminal 3 in 2018. Now, we’re proud to be the homeport for this awesome ship!
The Mardi Gras has been making waves in cruising. Not only is it the largest ship in Carnival’s fleet, but it is also the first cruise ship in North America that is fueled by Liquified Natural Gas (LNG)! Though the Mardi Gras was supposed to debut in 2020, it’s first sailing in 2021 marked Carnival’s return to cruising at Port Canaveral after COVID.
But what exactly can passengers expect from their Caribbean cruises on the Mardi Gras? Let’s take a peek!
Enjoy a Celebration at Sea with Zones
With the Mardi Gras, Carnival has introduced a brand-new way to enjoy their ships. Now there are six different Zones to explore – each with it’s own theme, food, and fun-filled adventures!
- Grand Central boasts an incredible atrium with an ocean view – alongside shows, bars, and great food!
- Keep the New Orleans-style show going with the French Quarter, where hot jazz, cool bars, and voodoo vibes go hand-in-hand.
- If soft serve, BBQ, and poolside lounging is more your style, then Summer Landing is your spot!
- Discover the music and magic of Italy with pizza, espresso, and paninis in La Piazza!
- Lido is a fan-favorite for Carnival cruisers – and it’s no surprise! Time to kick back with your favorite food selections, poolside.
- The Ultimate Playground certainly lives up to its name, with the first rollercoaster at sea, a ropes course, mini golf, and three water slides!
Taking Staterooms to Another Level
At launch, Carnival hyped the Mardi Gras’s staterooms and suites – and now we totally see why. Turns out, luxury comes in all shapes, sizes, and décor. The launch of the Mardi Gras marked the introduction of better comfort, storage, and lighting in their rooms.
- Snooze with Exclusive Benefits – step it up a notch when you reserve your resort-style stay on the Mardi Gras. The Havana, Cloud 9 Spa, and Family Harbor staterooms and suites offer exclusive amenities, unique designs, and quick access to amazing discounts and locations like the (Havana Pool & Bar).
- Interior Staterooms – Love the affordability that inside cabins bring? The Interior Staterooms don’t cut corners on comfort, even while saving you money!
- Ocean View & Balcony Staterooms – Get a little more space and a way better view with these rooms. You’ll love the breathing room after a big day of fun in the sun.
- Suites – Ready to feel like a VIP? Then you’ll definitely want a suite on the Mardi Gras. Not only are these rooms the best on board, they also come packed with perks.
Oh, the Places You'll Cruise
When you cruise from Port Canaveral, you know that you’re going to be soaking up sunshine in the Caribbean. And the Mardi Gras offers all of the best places to go.
Currently on the schedule are 6-day, 7-day, and 8-day cruises to the Eastern, Western, and Southern Caribbean. You can plan to enjoy the beautiful island beaches and serene sights at Nassau, San Juan, Grand Turk, Amber Cove, Cozumel, Aruba, and even more popular locales!
Is the Mardi Gras travelling to your favorite Caribbean destinations?
Cruise with Carnival at Port Canaveral
Getting back to cruising? Then it’s time to check the Mardi Gras off your bucket list.
Whether you’re a Carnival Cruise Line aficionado or taking your first cruise, the Mardi Gras has something for everyone – and we’re not even counting the off-ship excursions. Cruising is one of the most fun, relaxing, and enjoyable ways to vacation, and the latest addition to the Carnival fleet really shows us why. Bring fabulous food, fantastic entertainment, and around-the-clock fun to your next cruise trip with the Mardi Gras!
While you’re scoping out your next cruise vacation, don’t forget to plan ahead and reserve your Port Canaveral cruise parking! Whether you’re sailing on the Mardi Gras or another fantastic cruise ship, parking is the last thing you want to worry about at the start of vacation. With just a few clicks, you can get all set up with Port Canaveral Parking, the best off-site cruise parking on the block!
We offer free shuttles, great rates, friendly service, and top-level security for you and your family. So, what are you waiting for? Reserve your Port Canaveral cruise parking with us today!